Introduction to Fluture — A Functional Alternative to Promises
In this piece we’ll be going over how to use Futures, assuming the why has been covered sufficiently by Broken Promises.
We’ll be going over Fluture’s five major concepts:
- Functional Programming: How functional programming patterns determine the Fluture API.
- Future Instances: What a Future instance represents, and the ways to create one.
- Future Consumption: What consumption of a Future is, and when and how we apply it.
- Future Transformation: What we can do with a Future before we’ve consumed it, and why that’s important.
- Branching and Error Handling: Introduction to Fluture’s “rejection branch”, and how it differs from rejected Promises.
Read The Article on DEV
Dear reader, I have posted the article on DEV instead of Medium. Of course I don’t want to leave my Medium following in the dark, so I decided to post this little teaser. I hope it got you intrigued. ;)
I have chosen to post to DEV because it seems a more appropriate community for me to invest in. My apologies for the chaos I have created in doing so.